ISP ADMISSION GUIDELINES
Application to the PSW Certificate Program for international students are divided into 3 phases. Students can use these guidelines to meet the requirements outlined in our Admission Requirements.
Applicants have to apply for a *Study Permit/Visa in order to take the PSW Program here in Canada. The application process starts with Citizenship & Immigration Canada or you may consult for professional assistance from a licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant.
Prospective students are encouraged to start the Study Permit application process concurrently with the PSW Certificate Program application for smoother and quicker processing times.
I. DOCUMENTS & FEE SUBMISSION TO HIHP
- Applicant must email Hamilton Institute for Health Personnel a Letter of Intent to apply and study for Personal Support Worker Certificate Program
- Complete an ISP Application form
- Send the ISP Application Form by email/mail/courier along with the following documents:
University/College diploma, Transcript of Records & comparative evaluation from World Education Services (if available)
Proof of English Proficiency (if applicable) e.g. IELTS or TOEFL (if available)
Resume with 2 x ID pictures
Copy of Passport
Copy of Criminal Record Check or Police Clearance
Two Character Reference Letters
- Pay the Processing Fee of $500 CAD (non-refundable)**
*All documents must be submitted to HIHP in order to obtain a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to be included with their Study Permit application. However, an LOA from HIHP does NOT guarantee an approval for a student permit. Student applicant still needs to comply with Immigration Canada's Study Permit requirements.
**This amount is refundable if your application for a Student Visa/Permit is denied by the Canadian Embassy. A refund request must be received in writing within 60 days with the refusal letter from the Canadian Embassy.
II. BEFORE & UPON ARRIVAL TO CANADA
- ***Make arrangements for your accommodation in Canada
- ***Obtain health insurance coverage in Canada and provide copy to HIHP
- Contact HIHP for an appointment to take the Admission Test. ****Fee is $100 CAD
- Student MUST sign the Enrollment Contract and pay the balance of tuition fees*****
- Student MUST attend Orientation Day as scheduled
***Click HERE for helpful links to our ISP student resources.
****Fee is included in ISP Tuition Fees. See breakdown HERE.
*****Fee schedule must be arranged with HIHP in the application process.
III. PREPARATION FOR PSW PROGRAM
- Student must obtain the following requirements:
Physical Exam. from a Canadian Medical Doctor
Police Clearance Vulnerability Check from the Canadian City/Region where the Student is residing
First Aid & CPR Level C certification (as scheduled by the school)
Contact us today for more information and how to get started!